From Day 1, our students:
- Dedicate over 50,000 combined hours to producing digital and linear sports content in one academic year.
- Produce over 18,000 minutes (300+ hours) of sports programming (audio and video) to digital AND linear platforms in one academic year.
- Produce over 6,000 minutes (100+ hours) of live sports to an ESPN platforms in one academic year.
- Record 10s of millions of organic impressions and engagements of content across all social media platforms in one academic year.
Our Sports Link program …
- Sports Link graduates can be found at ESPN, Turner Sports, Fox Sports, Tupelo Raycom Sports, MLB, Indy Car, NASCAR, NBA, NFL, NHL and NCAA Athletics Departments across the country.
- Since 2009, students in Ball State Sports Link have garnered over 130 state or national awards for sports production, including 59 Emmy and/or Student Production Award nominations (28 wins) and 49 Sports Video Group/Best of College Sports Media nominations (10 wins).
- Since 2009, Students have won 47 Indiana Association of School Broadcasters first-place awards, 21 Indiana Society of Professional Journalists first-place awards, as well as 21 Broadcast Education Association “Best in the Nation” honors and four “BEA Best of Festival” awards from all entry genres.
- Grew to over 50 students in the program, including 45% from out-of-state and 46% women and/or of minority classification.
- Created a new global partnership with Cardiff Metropolitan University in Wales, which led to a feature-length documentary in 2020 and affords students international immerse learning opportunities. The 76-minute film received national and international airtime, including linear television in the United Kingdom on FreeSports.
- Continued our summer workshop series to include 11 different high schools and over 200 high school students who attended a camp session or workshop learning about CCIM, TCOM, Sports Link and Digital Sports Production. In 2020 and 2021, the summer camp went virtual bringing students together from across the United States, the United Kingdom and Russia.
- Created a new studio show, Every Athlete Matters, syndication with WIPB and 11 additional cable providers or networks in state of Indiana, southwest Michigan and west central Ohio. The show is available in every county in Indiana.
- Created an Olympic sports radio package which brings student-produced broadcasts to commercial AM/FM distribution through Woof Boom radio, 102.9 FM and 1340 AM. The package features 10-12 live events each semester.
- Our initial voyage into the world of Esports in Spring 2019 proved wildly successful and engaged a cross-campus partnership with students in the Esports club. The vast growth of this industry in sports production, its sponsorship and audience size potential led to the creation of a Varsity Esports Team and additional of an Esports production curriculum in 2021.