From Day 1, our students:
- Dedicate over 50,000+ combined hours to producing digital and linear sports content in one academic year.
- Produce over 18,000+ minutes (300+ hours) of sports programming (audio and video) to digital AND linear platforms in one academic year.
- Produce over 6,000+ minutes (100+ hours) of live sports to an ESPN platforms in one academic year.
- Record 10s of millions of organic impressions and engagements of content across all social media platforms in one academic year.
Our Sports Link program …
- Sports Link graduates can be found at ESPN, Turner Sports, Fox Sports, Tupelo Raycom Sports, MLB, Indy Car, NASCAR, NBA, NFL, NHL and NCAA Athletics Departments across the country.
- Since 2009, students in Ball State Sports Link have garnered over 160 state or national awards for sports production, including 59 Emmy and/or Student Production Award nominations (31 wins) and 49 Sports Video Group/Best of College Sports Media nominations (11 wins).
- Since 2009, Students have won 47 Indiana Association of School Broadcasters first-place awards, 21 Indiana Society of Professional Journalists first-place awards, as well as 21 Broadcast Education Association “Best in the Nation” honors and four “BEA Best of Festival” awards from all entry genres.
- Created a new global partnership with Cardiff Metropolitan University in Wales, which led to a feature-length documentary in 2020 and affords students international immerse learning opportunities. The 76-minute film received national and international airtime, including linear television in the United Kingdom on FreeSports.